Sorry, we are unable to accept book donations at this time due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Would you consider holding onto them until the library reopens? When COVID restrictions ease and the library fully reopens, we hope to resume the collection of donations. We accept used books in good condition and sell them to help fund more than 50 library programs for the community to enjoy each year.
Friends of the Sammamish Library is a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. Your donation may be tax-deductible. Please ask a staff member for a receipt. Thank you!
We love to accept:
- Gently used fiction and non-fiction paperback, trade, and hardback books
- Children’s and young adult books
- Comic books and graphic novels
- Old/vintage books
- Reference books
- World language books
- Coffee table books on all subjects
- Travel books and guides (published with the past 10 years)
- CDs, DVDs, records/LPs, and audio books
- Sheet music
- Atlases and maps
- Coloring books, paint books, and children’s workbooks
Sorry, we cannot accept:
- Torn, dirty, moldy, smelly or water-damaged books. We cannot sell these.
- Books with excessive writing, highlighting or underlining
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Computer books older than five years
We also accept cash donations.
Monetary donations help us fund more than 50 community programs at the Sammamish Library each year. Donations may be dropped off at the checkout desk at the library or mailed to:
Friends of the Sammamish Library
c/o Sammamish Library
825 228th Ave. S.E.
Please make checks out to Friends of the Sammamish Library, and check with your employer to see if your donation is eligible to be matched. Companies like Boeing, Microsoft, Google and others allow employee contributions to go even further in supporting the library.